Monday, January 21, 2008

Quote Time

I love quotes. As a student of writing I have learned that you can learn a lot from reading the words of other people. So I've decided to start posting quotes periodically. Here's my first one, from Abigail Adams, wife of John Adams, who was President of the United States, a brilliant man, and a great writer. (Ain't it typical that I'm quoting a woman but know more about her husband than her?) Please note that Abigail Adams lived long before the women's liberation movement was officially started...

"If particular care and attention is not paid to the ladies, we are determined to foment a rebellion, and will not hold ourselves bound by any laws in which we have no voice or representation."


It's pretty amazing to note that Abigail Adams must have said this sometimes around when her husband was writing his famous documents about the rebellion he was involved in: The American Revolution. Two of a kind, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment