Monday, December 6, 2010

Quote Time

"Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity."

-Psychiatrist who refused Woodrow Wilson's request that he classify Alice Paul, a suffragette, as insane.

Ultimately, she helped win the fight to pass the 19th Amendment, giving women in the United States the right to vote. Aside from in Jewish community councils. Heaven knows I'd be thought insane if I challenged that norm.

It's on my to-do list.

(I haven't had a "Quote Time" in a while but I came across this one while reading an old post that I wrote and I thought it worth repeating.)

5 comments:

  1. Great quote! I must say, from reading some of your old posts you seem to have a fire lit inside you and can see you accomplishing great things. I hope to be able to say that I knew you back when....: ). Some of the top lawyers in my firm are women.
    BTW, thanks for nudging me a little. I hope to post shortly. Have been a lot busier working on some new cases, but I have a great post Im in middle of. It has to do with my kosher food "diet" and how it impacts the people who work around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just updated my blog with a new post. Thanks for the push : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. So when are you going to start being who you are publicly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The day is coming!

    Seriously. I have a plan.

    ReplyDelete